WHAT TO EXPECT AT CAMP CHECK-IN
You can arrive anytime during the designated check-in time period, but please leave yourself enough time to complete all of the check-in process - you may feel rushed if you arrive too close to the closing time. (Tip: The longest lines tend to be at the very beginning and very end of check-in).
If you are unable to attend check-in during the designated times due to extenuating circumstances, please contact our office so that we can make alternate arrangements with you.
If you accidentally arrive after the close of camp check-in, you should go directly to the dorm. Late arrivals will need to stop by the administration office before their first class the next day to complete the Administrative portion of check-in.
CHECK-IN PART ONE: ADMINISTRATIVE
**LEAVE YOUR BAGS IN YOUR CAR AND JUST BRING IN ANY PAPERWORK YOU HAVE TO TURN IN AND ANY AUDITION MUSIC**
Administrative check-in must be done first.
This takes place in the lobby of the UTSA Music Building (located on the second floor). Parking is available in the lots directly at the foot of the Music Building.
At Administrative check-in you will:
- Pick up your camp Welcome Packet. This will include your camp ID, your daily activities schedule, and a pencil.
- Turn in all required forms.
- No camper may start camp without all required forms being completed and signed by a guardian.
- Confirm with the cashier that you are paid in full.
- If you have a balance it MUST be paid at this time. No camper may start camp without payment in full.
- Purchase a camp CD - (optional)
OTHER STOPS: Based on preference, you may have other stops which include signing up for private lessons, and performing a placement audition. Once you are done with Administrative Check-in, you can return to your car and drive over to the dorm.
CHECK IN PART TWO: DORM
**LEAVE YOUR BAGS IN YOUR CAR FOR NOW**
THE ONLY THING YOU NEED TO BRING IN WITH YOU AT FIRST ARE:
- Your name tag.
- All medications (prescriptions & over the counter) which need to be turned into the counselors.
At Dorm Check-In you will:
- Get your room assignment and counselor assignment
- Get your meal card
- Confirm and turn in any prescription medications.
(see the “Packing For Camp” section for more details about our medication policy and how medication should be packed).
- Get your room key
- If you drove yourself to camp, turn in your car keys.
**NOW YOU ARE READY TO UNPACK YOUR BAGS, FIND YOUR ROOM AND GET SETTLED!**
Once you have completed dorm check-in, you are officially under the supervision of the camps. If you wish to leave the dorm (to eat, run errands, etc....) you can only do so by being signed out by your parents or a pre-approved guardian.